Coronavirus: How has e-learning responded to pandemic.
India facilitates one of the biggest education industry in the world which has been forced to shut down but the real question is for how long can we afford to block the path of education? The duration of social distancing norms is unknown and education system in India needs to adapt. E-learning is a major advantage for growing technologically advanced Indian students. Edtech companies are now helping a major part of Indian education to shift towards online courses. Edtech industry was already prospering, but the pandemic has presented opportunities of growth like never before. The need is to ensure digital platforms are grasped and implemented properly, and give a proper E-learning response to pandemic in the formal education sector.
Government response to the pandemic:
Although higher education department has seen a lesser impact, low income private and government schools are absolutely devoid of schooling amongst the students because of an unavailability of e-learning solutions. Currently the schools are in discussion of re-opening by the government authorities but HRD ministry has released a statement, that only 30% students can be fitted in the classes. Amidst this, government policies like
are paving a way for online education to masses and given the predicament that by 2024, 84% households in india can access them, which is a great movement. Government in Kerela even stepped up by onboarding an Australian made digital learning platform in their state. This is an amazing step forward in digitizing education
How are parents and children coping up?
• Student anxiety levels are rising, the lack of proper study and looming exams have further made it a mandatory requirement to enforce proper online resources to help them cope up.
• Parents on the other hand are more involved in studies of their children, leaving them burdened more among already existing economic problems.
What can be done?
Formal education has suffered, but the problems have also presented an opportunity to point flaws in the present studies and innovate the structure of learning. The current strategy should be to reduce the negative impact this pandemic leaves on the student community.
• Private and Government institutions can implement e-learning to reduce the stress of students and parents and emerging edtech has provided them ample opportunities for the same.
• Teachers and students should be provided with basic training to help them operate elearning platforms.
• Promotional strategies could be adopted to familiarize the concept of online education.
• Access of smartphones and internet at lower costs could largely help the weaker sections of the society in a post pandemic education system.
We are doing our part!
RootWorkz PecanLearn is compatible with multiple devices such as Laptops, Desktops, PC's, Tablets and Mobile Phones, giving user the flexibility to access anywhere, at any time. RootWorkz provides an ultimate combination of detailed and drilled methodologies that will eventually complement your skills and grades. It’s easy to use, provides a highly interactive environment and our dedicated team provides splendid support 24/7.